Friday, June 3, 2011


Orange and blue stripes!!!! I'm loving this cast. I saw Dr. McGorgeous this morning and we unwrapped last weeks soft splint. I saw the incision.....I'd say it's 6-7 inches. Pictures next week. I'm glad I was prepared for it to be so big. Incision looks great, minimal swelling and bruising, all the pain I'm describing is totally normal. All in all, I couldn't have asked for a better first visit. I'm in this cast til Thursday when I go back and we take another look. We were talking about how my pain has been increasing the last two days and this little exchange happened:
Dr. McGorgeous: "You've also probably been getting up more, been more active"
Me: "Me? No way"
Dr. McGorgeous: "You're so full of crap"

LOL. That's some good bedside manner right there :P

Other than that things are good. I've actually had a really good day, pain-wise. Dr. McGorgeous was a little WTF that I've been off the pain pills since Saturday. He wrote me a prescription today for something not as strong as what he initially prescribed, and I haven't filled it yet. Since they changed the splint out for this cast, I haven't had much pain. Certainly not enough to warrant a narcotic. So for now, no more painkillers. However, he did tell me not to think of it as a backwards step if I do need to take them.

Now to try to find a way to keep myself occupied for the next week.......

2 comments:

  1. Hello!
    I just wanted to let you know that you are truly an inspiration/a source for hope in the world of broken ankles.
    Well, at least, definitely in mine.
    I have been lurking your blog since March 4th 2011, no joke.

    Even I would find this weird and/or concerning, but since we have the same injury I feel like we have some terribly painful unspoken bond, so I guess its not considered incredibly weird that I have been reading your progress religiously...haha... :/

    I have been because I just I want to know what is going on with myself so I can grasp where it might leave me in the future. I know knowing won’t change what the end result will be, but I want to prepare myself... ugh, I almost can’t take thinking about it sometimes ! And its not like everyone can understand, my friends have tried.. but I guess you need to converse with someone with the similar issues..

    Anyways! You are still so cheery which is awesome, and funny! Never change that seriously, its awesome!! I hope all goes well with you and your journey to recovery, I have just started mine really.
    You are in my prayers !
    Get Better Speedy Quick!
    :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this comment. It was one of the first things I saw when I woke up this morning, and it made my day. I started this blog because I knew I needed an outlet for all the stuff that has gone on with me, and I made it public because I hoped that maybe someone else was out there going through this too, and they would get something out of it or share something with me. I'm soooooo sorry you're injured (seriously) but I'm really glad that there's a little corner of the internet where we could connect. I wish you all the best in your recovery! I'm going to be posting pics of my incision later this week, so don't get scared....:)

    ReplyDelete